Half way through week 2 and how am I going? Checking in on my goal completion.
By the end of last week I was to:
- Get organised for the year: clean desk, order new equipment (mouse, printer cartridges, new iPad – all things that I need and have avoided doing.)
Big tick. And can’t believe I put off getting a new iPad for so long….I feel like I don’t need glasses any more, the screen is so clear!
- Update my interview schedule project plan for 2015
Big tick. Not contacting people for another week yet, summer in Sydney, but the plans are there.
- Begin transcribing my outstanding interviews – finish by end of the month
Tick, three done, four to go.
- Get back into reading, and importantly, note taking.
Read one book, not really notes, more a flurry of post-its. Probably not as good as it should be. A good book though, will definitely help both my thesis and my teaching.
- Lay out the thematic areas I need to review this semester
I’m kicking off with a focus on the creative industries – what are they, why am I focussing on them, why are they important and what are the HR/people issues involved with them. I’d like to write a draft of this chapter in the next 6 weeks.
Also need to think about actor network theory….
So not a bad start to the year. This week has been highjacked a little by the Golden Globes (v.important, don’t knock) and a unexpected trip to Melbourne for family reasons, but back on track as of…..now.